TORONTO, CA – November 21, 2019 – U.S and Canada’s top Pay TV service providers are inviting their viewers to celebrate the holiday season with Holiday Countdown – an interactive, Christmas-holiday themed programming experience, powered by zone·tv™. The popular app re-appears for the holiday season under a new name and has been a fan favorite for over 10 years. Families can once again come together to enjoy holiday-themed fun features and track Santa’s journey across the globe on Christmas Eve. This highly engaging TV experience is available, free of charge, in over 30 million Pay TV households.
Holiday Countdown Features:
- On Christmas eve, the zone·tv™ original programming tracks Santa’s location, where he’s headed next, driving excitement and anticipation as he reaches the viewers’ cities and counts how many presents have been delivered throughout the evening
- A collection of winter and holiday read-along storybooks including A Penguin Story, The Bears We Know and the classic Robert Munsch story 50 Below Zero
- All-time favorite holiday movie classics available for rent or purchase including Elf, The Polar Express, Home Alone, Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story and much more…
- Holiday sing-alongs offering 35-plus songs in karaoke mode, including We Wish You a Merry Christmas and Blue Christmas from Stingray Digital
- Naughty or Nice polls, where family and friends can find out who’s been naughty or nice this year by answering questions and comparing ratings in their household
- Addictive Games you can play with your TV remote, including Jolly Dropper, Present Panic, Cookie Crumble and more
- Our Holiday Radio features hours of continuous holiday music from various artists
- Holiday countdown calendar that unlocks new daily challenges every day leading up to the big event on Christmas Eve
Holiday Countdown’s exciting, unique and festive features bring family and friends together, enjoying over thirty minutes every time they start the experience from the channel guide, voice command and apps menu on their pay-TV service.
Holiday Countdown has become a cherished part of families’ holiday traditions every Christmas season” said Jeff Weber, CEO, zone·tv, “As our distribution continues to increase, more homes across the globe get to enjoy our unique, family-friendly, interactive programming and we’re excited to bring that joy to our subscribers. We are also thrilled to be able to bring that value to our pay-TV provider partners for over 10 years.”
Holiday Countdown has not only proven to be a holiday favorite for subscribers but has also proven to drive value to both pay-TV providers and advertisers under zone·tv’s interactive event channels line-up. The Holiday Countdown experience directly links to the pay-TV providers Video-on-Demand libraries, and providers see a significant increase in VOD title rentals resulting in increased revenue. For advertisers, Holiday Countdown creates an immersive experience that provides several types of advertising and sponsorship opportunities including banner, product placement, interactive and video ads.
Holiday Countdown can be found on Comcast Xfinity X1 and Flex in the kids and holiday sections of Xfinity on Demand and in the apps menu. Customers with an X1 voice remote can say “Holiday Countdown” to launch the destination. Holiday Countdown is also available on DIRECTV on channel 110 and apps dock. Frontier Communications channels 98/ 326/ 346/ 1326/ and apps menu depending on location. In Canada, Holiday Countdown is available on Rogers Ignite TV through the apps menu and voice remote control. It can also be enjoyed on TELUS channels 12/ 610; TELUS Quebec channel 501; Bell Canada channels 149/ 540/ 1149/ 1320/ 1540; Bell Atlantic channels 398/ 496/ 559/ 839; and on Bell MTS channels 15/ 82/ 182/ 1015/ 1082.
Zone·tv connects people with stories and entertainment experiences they love. Our A.I.-enhanced, Linear, OnDemand and Interactive channels are powered by zone·tv™ Studio – a next generation programming and curation platform for Pay TV and Consumers’ entertainment devices.
Zone·tv bridges the gap between technology and engaging programming with its innovative technology solution offering a best-in-class, convenient and highly personalized viewer experience. The zone·tv™ Studio suite of tools allows any video service provider to create personalized thematic channels with their own content. Zone·tv uses its own zone·tv™ Studio tools to create the zone·ify multi-channel video service, an unprecedented linear-like viewing experience, powered by A.I. Its proprietary software architecture combined with an 8,000+ hour content library has powered the company’s monumental growth. Zone·tv has become the largest provider of thematic subscription video on demand services in North America with more than 18 SVOD channels.
Its diverse programming can be seen on, Comcast Xfinity, X1, DIRECTV, Rogers Ignite TV, CenturyLink Prism TV, AT&T U-verse, TELUS Optik TV, Bell Fibe TV, Frontier Vantage, Armstrong Cable and others. The company has offices in Toronto, Canada.
For more information about our company, visit www.zone.tv.